SOUTH AUSTRALIAN STATE TEAM
The State Team is the South Australian contingent which competes every year at the Australian Rowing Championships in the Interstate Regatta.
Annually, a selection panel is convened and the State Team Selection Policy is produced to outline the selection criteria and expectations of athletes aspiring to be on the team. Pathway Athletes are also required to nominate as part of the process.
Previous state team representatives can be found here.
2021 State Team coach & athlete nomination forms are available here:
The 2021 State Team Selection Policy is available here.
STATE TEAM COACH – Nominations have now closed.
PATHWAY COACH – Nominations have now closed.
STATE TEAM SENIOR ATHLETES – Nominations have now closed.
STATE TEAM YOUTH ATHLETES- Nomination form is available here. Nominations for YOUTH ATHLETES close 5pm Friday, 23rd October 2020.
PATHWAY ATHLETES – Nomination form is available here. Nominations for PATHWAY ATHLETES close 5pm Sunday, 22nd November 2020.
State Team Management Roles
Please ensure you direct your enquiry to the relevant contact.
2021 State Team Selection Panel
Selectors for the 2021 State Team (Interstate & Pathway):
- Jason Lane (SASI Head Coach)
- Fearnley Szuster
- Peta White
- Hugo Langsford
- Jon Trovas
The purpose of the STSP is to select coaches, squads, and final teams to be recommended to the Rowing SA Board who will represent South Australia at the Interstate Regatta and Pathway Regatta.
The STSP will ensure that all selection events are conducted in a fair, professional manner, giving equal opportunity to all nominees to be selected onto the SA State Team.
- Review the 2020 State Team feedback
- Assist formulating the draft 2021 State Team Selection policy and key dates to be endorsed by the Rowing SA Board
- Select coaches, rowers and coxswains in the appropriate crews and squads to represent South Australia at the Interstate Regatta and Pathway Regatta
- Promote equal access to all nominees through the selection process
- Adhere to the Rowing SA Code of Conduct
State Team Co-ordinator: Bec Francis
The purpose of the State Team Coordinator is to be responsible for organising the logistics of training, racing, and selection events in conjunction with the State Team Selection Panel and all nominated persons in the Interstate, Pathway and Masters State Teams. She will also ensure clear and comprehensive communication between all key stakeholders to facilitate the most fair and productive platform for South Australian rowing State representatives to be successful.
- Secretary for the selection panel
- Put together documents and minutes of meetings plus compile information for the Board
- Liaise with clubs/schools to organise equipment for State Team training and racing
- Manage and maintain equipment used for ST training
- Support the State Team Manager organise the 2 State Team functions (Adelaide/Tasmania)
- Organise uniform
- Organise communication to selected and non-selected athletes
Athlete Commissioner: Matthew Hooper
m: 0427 929 459
- Mediator, advisor and observer at selection trials and events
- Advisor on appeals process to athletes, coxswains and coaches
- First port of call for any complaints from athletes, coxswains and coaches
- General support of athletes through the selection process
State Team Manager: Jacki Grant
- Uniform management and organisation
- State Team Dinners/Events
- Fundraising help
SA Kings Cup crew 2019 – Bronze medalists