SOUTH AUSTRALIAN STATE TEAM
The State Team is the South Australian contingent which competes every year at the Australian Rowing Championships in the Interstate Regatta.
Annually, a selection panel is convened and a Selection Policy is produced to outline the selection criteria and expectations of athletes aspiring to be on the team. Pathway Athletes are also required to nominate as part of the process and have their own Selection Policy.
Previous state team representatives can be found here.
2022 State Team Ergo Result Submissions – to be entered here:
NOTE: All ergos are to be completed on stationary ergos. Your drag factor will be based on what your 1st crew preference is:
- Pathway female & Victoria Cup = 100
- Queens Cup, Nell Slatter Trophy, Bicentenary Cup = 110
- Pathway male & Penrith Cup = 125
- Kings Cup, Presidents Cup, Wilkinson Cup = 130
- PR3 = unrestricted
2022 INTERSTATE TEAM
- ENCOURAGED September 2021: ENTER YOUR 5km TIME HERE (ergo to be completed and submitted between 13 September 2021 – 19 September 2021)
- MANDATORY JANUARY 2022: ENTER YOUR 2km TIME HERE (ergo to be completed and submitted between 24 January 2022 – 30 January 2022)
- (NOT YOUTH) MANDATORY MONITORING MARCH 2022: ENTER YOUR 2km TIME HERE (ergo to be completed and submitted Monday 21 March 2022)
- (YOUTH ONLY) MANDATORY MONITORING MARCH 2022: ENTER YOUR 2km TIME HERE (ergo to be completed and submitted between 1 March 2022 – 21 March 2022)
2022 PATHWAY TEAM
- MANDATORY JANUARY 2022: ENTER YOUR 2km TIME HERE (ergo to be completed and submitted between 1 January 2022 – 28 January 2022)
State Team Management Roles
Please ensure you direct your enquiry to the relevant contact.
2022 State Team Selection Panel
Selectors for the 2022 State Team (Interstate & Pathway) are:
- Jason Lane
- Andrew Stunell
- Fearnley Szuster
- Peta White
Will Mailing will carry out a formal consultative role as coxswain advisor to the Selection Panel as well as provide mentoring to coxswains.
The purpose of the STSP is to select coaches, squads, and final teams to be recommended to the Rowing SA Board who will represent South Australia at the Interstate Regatta and Pathway Regatta.
The STSP will ensure that all selection events are conducted in a fair, professional manner, giving equal opportunity to all nominees to be selected onto the SA State Team.
- Review the 2021 State Team feedback
- Assist formulating the draft 2022 State Team Selection policy and key dates to be endorsed by the Rowing SA Board
- Select coaches, rowers and coxswains in the appropriate crews and squads to represent South Australia at the Interstate Regatta and Pathway Regatta
- Promote equal access to all nominees through the selection process
- Adhere to the Rowing SA Code of Conduct
Athlete Commissioner: Christine MacLaren
- Mediator, advisor and observer at selection trials and events
- Advisor on appeals process to athletes, coxswains and coaches
- First port of call for any complaints from athletes, coxswains and coaches
- General support of athletes through the selection process
State Team Manager: Jacki Grant
- Uniform management and organisation
- State Team Dinners/Events
- Fundraising help
SA Kings Cup crew 2019 – Bronze medalists