If you wish to advertise in the classifieds ‘Jobs’ section please contact Jo Malcolm at email@example.com
Coxswain Coach / Second Eight Coach
Closing date: 02/08/2021
Loreto College is seeking to employ a capable and enthusiastic Coxswain Coach with excellent communication skills for the 2021/2022 season.
The successful applicant will join the coaching staff of one of the fastest growing rowing programs in South Australia.
Our Coxswain Coach will be working with all coxswains and assist in implementing strategies to foster the education and development of our coxswains.
Pending coaching experience, the successful applicant will also be offered the opportunity to assist in coaching Loreto’s Senior Squad in collaboration with the Head Coach, and to coach the Second Eight.
Loreto had over 60 girls competing in the 2020/2021 season, won over 15 State Championship Titles and three Head of the River events.
With currently over 40 girls participating in our Winter Program, the College is very excited for the 2021/2022 season.
This position can be tailored to suit the successful candidate’s availability.
Please send your expression of interest to Tom to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
Closing date: 02/08/2021
Rowing Coordinator / Head Coach
1st VIII ROWING COACH
Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
St Joseph’s Nudgee College (Est. 1891) is a Catholic Boys’ Day and Boarding school in the Edmund Rice tradition for Years 5-12, with a student population of 1680. The College is a member of the GPS Association and focuses upon providing a balanced holistic education. College staff are invited to participate in the College’s extensive cultural, social justice and sporting programs.
The College is calling for applications for the position of 1st VIII Rowing coach.
If successful, you will be responsible for the ongoing leadership and development of a highly successful 1st VIII program. Do you have the capacity to be a leader in our rowing community, assist in managing the program and continue to build on our recent successes?
- 200+ boys in the program
- Active and united Parent Support Group
- GPS Overall (Old Boys Cup) Champions – 7 times in the last 10 years
- GPS Head of River (O’Connor Cup) Champions – 9 times in the last 14years
- National Schoolboy VIII Champions 2015
- Multiple State and National champions, including numerous Australian representatives
The 1st VIII coach will work under the leadership of the Rowing Director. This collaborative relationship helps to provide leadership, management and direction for the overall operation of the Nudgee College Rowing program. You will be responsible for the elite end of the program. You will enjoy strong support from the Rowing Director, Rowing Parent Support Group, Boatshed manager and College hierarchy in achieving the goals of the Nudgee Rowing Program.
- Succeed in elite VIII competition as a coach.
- Be able to communicate with the Rowing Director and other coaches about the scope and sequence in developing athletes to arrive at 1st VIII level ready to succeed.
- Attend all water sessions and maintain and monitor safety standards relevant to the sport.
- Attend all Strength and Conditioning sessions as well as liaising with the Strength and Conditioning Director to ensure a rowing specific program is in place.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for an interview, applicants must possess:
- Demonstrated experience and success working at an equivalent or higher level, within a rowing program.
- Preferably an accomplished teacher or significant school based education experience.
- Level 2 rowing coaching accreditation, or demonstrated ability to obtain.
- Understand how sport is used to drive the education and personal development of young men.
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, of boys and adults, planning and coordination.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in improving other coaches’ ability.
- Working with Children, Queensland Blue Card.
This is a fixed term contract, 3 + 3 year option, pending a successful review after the initial contract period.
Teachers will be offered a combined teaching / coaching full time contract.
Non teachers will be offered a part time coaching contract.
Applications close 6 June 2021.
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter, explaining your experience, skills and achievements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call our Rowing Director, 0477 691 972, if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role.