This page will be updated regularly to provide members of the rowing community the latest advice on restrictions and safe practises for training and competitions.
UPDATED 7TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Download a copy of the latest Rowing SA COVID Safety flyer here.
Level 1 and some other restrictions currently apply to sport activities in South Australia. For rowing, this means:
- Sport training is currently allowed.
- All boat class types are currently allowed to train.
- Density requirements of 1 person per 2m2 must be adhered to within boatsheds, as well as training and competition areas (inside and outside).
- Density requirements of 1 person per 4m2 must be adhered to within gyms and fitness areas.
- QR check-in by all attendees is required for every training session and competition.
- Masks are required while not exercising at water trainings, e.g. inside boatsheds.
- Masks for indoor fitness/gym facilities are required (except while exercising).
- Come, row and go – limit your time at your club.
- Competitions are allowed
- Essential staff, coaches and support people are allowed to be in attendance at (outdoor) competitions but must wear a mask.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless eating or drinking (indoors and outdoors).
- People must still remain physically distanced and separated.
- If you have symptoms, even if mild, get tested immediately (and stay home while you wait for your results).
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly.
- Keep 1.5m distance from others wherever possible.
- Use COVID Safe Check-In.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
SA Health Resources
- Stay Safe at the gym poster
- Create a COVID-Safe plan