Pathway 8+ is an Interstate schoolboy/schoolgirl 8+ regatta held annually at Australian underage selection trials at SIRC in April (dates TBC). It offers current school registered athletes the opportunity to be selected in an U19 SA state team, and also gives young rowers exposure to future opportunities in rowing such as:
- Club rowing
- State representation
- Australian representation
by involving them in:
- Regular Friday morning state squad training
- State and national team selection process
- Crew experience outside their club/school program.
Athletes need to be available to commit to:
- Trails as outlined in the State Team Selection Policy
- April Pathway 8+ regatta in April (tbc), SIRC, NSW
Over the past 5 years of the program running, the growth of the program has led to a steady increase in school aged athletes being involved with SA Club winter programs, selected for SASI pathway programs, and State and National representative crews.
Selection criteria includes:
2km erg score
On water performance in a 1x
Coaches recommendation (attitude to training, attendance etc)
Ability to row sweep
The Official 2022 State Pathway members will be listed here as they are appointed by the State Team Selection Panel and endorsed by the Rowing SA Board.