Dear Clubs and Schools,
COVID-19 Update (wording taken from Hon Corey Wingard Minister for Recreation, Sport and Racing)
Given what is happening in other states, this is not the time to be complacent. Therefore, we must continue to:
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Keep 1.5 metre distance from others wherever and whenever possible
- Adhere to the density requirement of 1 person per 2 square meters
- Wash or sanitize hands and common surfaces regularly
As you all know, recommencing sport required COVID Safe Plans which are as important today as when they were lodged. Please ensure your COVID Safe Plan is adhered to by members and spectators at all times.
The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing is aware that SAPOL are out and about actively doing compliance checks and enforcing the Emergency Management Directions so that everyone is playing their part and doing the right thing.
We must ensure our sport stays COVID safe and please keep reinforcing the processes that have allowed us to get this far.
As the 2020/21 season is fast approaching your club or school may be looking at registering your coaches/volunteers/staff in upcoming First Aid Courses. Obviously the more First Aid trained people we have at your training sessions and regattas the better.
Rowing SA has commenced a partnership with Surf Life Saving SA (SLSSA) which we look forward to promote to you soon. One of the benefits to the partnership is an offering of heavily discounted First Aid training sessions exclusively to Rowing SA and our Clubs and School. The approximate discounted cost is $140 pp. At this stage maximum numbers in each training session is 12 people and it can be held at West Lakes or at your venue.
Can you please let me know if your club/school would prefer (one of the 3 options):
- an exclusive 1-day First Aid training session to be delivered by SLSSA just for 12 of your members/coaches/athletes on a preferred date and venue. Please provide preferred date or day of the week and venue.
- to have less than 12 people trained who will be registered with other people from the rowing community. Please provide preferred day of the week.
- to promote a communal training session organised by Rowing SA to your community for members to book in individually.
I imagine that weekend dates will be the preferred option so please contact me ASAP for your preference and we will organise this for you.
Chief Executive Officer
Rowing South Australia Inc