Our 2018/2019 Annual General Meeting was held on Monday night with no incidents to report! Thank you to those who came along and supported the organization.
Some key points to be taken away from the meeting were:
- CEO David Hutton addressed the recent (and current!) success of high-level athletes and of the racing held locally within the season.
- David also gave a brief rundown of the last year’s progress; he thanked and acknowledged Sam Jordan who was our State Development Officer. Sam has now returned to teaching and will not be at Rowing SA anymore. More information on the interim and future staffing structure to come.
- David’s presentation outline can be found here.
- Chair Philip Paterson provided a summary of the 2018/19 Audited Financial Statements, with only a couple of queries that were answered on the night.
- The Financials and Annual Report were accepted by Members.
- Ronald ‘Slim’ Lawrence was accepted as an Honorary Life Member.
- Steve Pennington was recognized and thanked for over 20 years of service on the Rowing SA Board – he will be stepping down from a board role yet still active in the rowing community.
- Proposed Office Bearers were re-elected (Patron/Vice-Patron/Vice-Presidents).
- Elected Director (Jamie Grant & Jarrad Schar) & Secretary (Shannen Graham) appointments were confirmed.
- There is still one ‘Elected Director’ position and one ‘Appointed Director’ position to be discussed and filled by the Board, with these appointments to be made on a required skills basis, with Members to be kept updated.
Again, thank you to the support from the membership of what is a growing and vibrant community. Summer season begins on October 19th – see you then!